A Pennsylvania restaurant had some bad luck late last week when a fire broke out. What seems really unusual in this case: “We’re told the fire was on the roof of the building.”
Readers of this space know that it’s not out of the ordinary for a restaurant to catch fire above the kitchen, or even on the roof, due to grease fans. We explained this last week. (As a side note, we are not saying that the restaurant in question was lax in its cleaning standards – we have no way of knowing this for certain. We’re just saying that a restaurant grease fan can present a fire hazard, nothing more.)
Federal law mandates that restaurants regularly clean their exhaust systems to protect against fire. And many insurance companies will revoke coverage for restaurants that don’t perform this regular maintenance. Don’t jeopardize your investment! Contact us today for a quote.